Vision : Full Java / PL/SQL / Application Stack Support
Java is a very powerful universal language, but does not provide any commands for data processing. PL/SQL is focused on data processing like a laser beam. Bringing both technologies together will greatly benefit the applications and application development.
This product supports seamless development and runtime of Java and PL/SQL. Both languages are developed in the same integration development environment - Eclipse IDE. No switch between different development tools is required during development. You configure and run the PL/SQL Connector Builder to generate the Java access code. You directly call the generated Java service calls to the PL/SQL stored procedures from your Java code.
Compile Time Validation
- The PL/SQL code is validated during compile time by the database.
- The PL/SQL Connector Builder processes only valid PL/SQL code to generate the Java access code.
- Your Java code calls the generated access code.
- Any change of parameter types, parameter names, procedure names, function names, function return types or invalidly stored procedures will directly result in a Java compile failure.
PL/SQL Defines The API
- Directly call the stored procedures without accessing the tables or views of the database.
- The internal database structure is not exposed externally from the database.
- Changes of the internal database structure, such as, new, renamed or deleted tables, columns, constraints, references etc; have less effect on the stored procedures and therefore have less effect on the generated access code and your Java code.
- If changes effect your Java code, you will immediately find these problems during compile time.
Low Code Strategy
About 75% less code is required when compared to applications based on ORM frameworks like JPA/Hibernate or SpringData. This makes coding very efficient.
Superbly Structured Source Code
Develop your data processing code inside the database and develop the business code in Java, produces far superior organized source code of your applications.
- Even without any database optimization development strategies your applications become faster. Due to superior data throughput and lower latency than using ORM mapping frameworks.
- Developing your database code directly for a specific business case will reduce the data transfered to/from the database and will also reduce the number of database calls.
- You can use advanced features of the Oracle Database like User Defined Types, Nested Tables, PL/SQL Tables, etc. for bulk processing and to work with complex data types. On one hand this will heavily increase the database processing performance and on the other hand it will easily increase the complexity of your business use cases.
- This development strategy uses the PL/SQL stored procedures as services.
- You can easily integrate these PL/SQL stored procedure calls into your Microservice architecture.
Combine Data Intensive Applications With The Latest UI Technologies
Using the PL/SQL Code Generator allows you to combine the PL/SQL stored procedures with any frontend and backend technology you desired.
Supported Database Versions
The PL/SQL Connector Builder accesses the Oracle database internals to generate the Java access code. These database internals change from version to version. The generated Java access code for any database version is always identical. Any generated Java access code works with any database version.
- Oracle 11g and Oracle 11g R2
- Oracle 12c and Oracle 12c R2
- Oracle 18c
- Oracle 19c
- Oracle Autonomous Database ATP/ADW
No Migration Any More
The PL/SQL Connector Builder generates Java access code based on the Oracle JDBC driver. The Oracle JDBC API driver specification is stable for more than 10 years and will not change in the next decade. So any migration, e.g. from Hibernate release 3.0 to 4.0 to 5.0, is never required.
Very Comfortable PL/SQL Editor
The PL/SQL Editor allows you to develop PL/SQL stored procedures as comfortably as you develop your Java code.
⇒ You develop efficient, stable, easily maintained and high performance applications.